Canadian Blood Services Immunohematology Reference Laboratories are accredited laboratories that provide identification and resolution of red cell transfusion-related problems and consultation to assist hospitals in resolving patients’ red blood cell (RBC) serological problems. Resolution of complex antibody problems may require the use of advanced serologic or genomic procedures. Our laboratories use state of the art molecular testing platforms to provide red cell antigen genotyping.
Canadian Blood Services Referral laboratories follow rigorous quality standards and process controls to meet Provincial and National regulatory requirements.
Immunohematology Referral Laboratories:
- Vancouver, BC - Diagnostic Services
- Edmonton, AB - Diagnostic Services
- Winnipeg, MB - Diagnostic Services
- Brampton, ON - Diagnostic Services
- Ottawa, ON – National Immunohematology Reference Laboratory (NIRL)
Note: As of October 2, 2017, Vancouver, BC provides Immunohematology Referral Testing support for Saskatchewan. Select “Saskatchewan Diagnostic Services"