Diagnostic Services: BC & Yukon Centre
Diagnostic Services considers certain test results to be “critical values”. Such findings will be reviewed by the Canadian Blood Services Medical Director and communicated to the requesting facility or physician as soon as possible.
Test Interpretation - Critical Values
- Significant antibody(ies) has/have been identified and it may be difficult to obtain blood in the future.
It has been determined that a hemolytic transfusion reaction has occurred
- ABO discrepancy between current sample and previous record
- Anti-K is detected in maternal sample.
- Antibody titre ≥ 16 in maternal sample.
- Positive DAT on cord blood or neonatal sample