Canadian Blood Services held a series of consultation meetings with affected patient and community groups. This process resulted in people sharing their many different points of view, resulting in a greater understanding of their positions.
The feedback participants provided helped shape our request to Health Canada to change to the current men who have sex with men deferral policy. Letters of support for this incremental change were sent to the Federal Minister of Health and shows the will and desire to work together to reach a common goal.
- Aplastic Anemia and Myelodysplasia Association of Canada (AAMAC)
- The Canadian Centre for Gender & Sexual Diversity
- Community Based Research Centre for Gay Men’s Health
- Guillain-Barré Syndrome/Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy Foundation of Canada
- Immunodeficiency Canada
- Canadian AIDS Society
- Volunteer youth representative of the Canadian Blood Services Regional Liaison Committee
- Sickle Cell Disease Association of Canada
- Network of Rare Blood Disorder Organizations
- EGALE Canada Human Rights Trust
- Canadian Hemophilia Society