Canadian Blood Services is present on the following social media networks:
Social Media Accounts
If you follow us, you can expect content on:
- Canadian Blood Services initiatives and programs;
- Notifications that affect donors, volunteers, employees and other stakeholders.
Canadian Blood Services updates and monitors its social media accounts Monday to Friday from 8 a.m.-8 p.m. EST/EDT. Comments and mentions from users outside of these times will be reviewed at the beginning of the next business day.
Follows and Likes
Canadian Blood Services may follow and like social media accounts from its partners or stakeholders. Please note that being followed or liked by Canadian Blood Services does not imply endorsement of any kind.
Retweets and Shares
Canadian Blood Services occasionally retweets and shares content that it deems of value to its audience. Retweeting and sharing by Canadian Blood Services should not be interpreted as an endorsement of the originator or of any organization mentioned in the message.
Comments and Replies
Canadian Blood Services welcomes feedback and ideas from its followers and fans. Comments and replies are monitored, and any emerging themes or helpful suggestions may be passed to the relevant people in the organization.
To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, do not include any personal information, including addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses or donor card information in your comments or replies.
Canadian Blood Services is not able to reply individually to all messages it receives via its social media networks.
To ensure that the conversation remains in good taste and a positive experience for everyone involved, comments and replies should be clean and respectful, in addition to being relevant and related to the posted topic on the social media account.
Do not post comments including but not limited to those of the following nature:
- Offensive, profane, hateful, insulting, rude, abusive, aggressive, violent, obscene, explicit, pornographic or sexual comments;
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, age, creed, gender, marital status, socio-economic status, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation;
- Personal attacks and/or defamatory statements;
- Serious, unproven, unsupported, or inaccurate accusations;
- Messages for advertising/marketing purposes;
- Messages that conduct or encourage illegal activity;
- Information that could compromise public safety, security or operations;
- Messages that impersonate or misrepresent someone else;
- Comments containing spam or posted by anonymous or robot accounts; and,
- Unintelligible messages.
Canadian Blood Services may delete posts or permanently ban or block a user on any or all of our channels for any violation of these guidelines. Users are ultimately responsible for their posts.