Canadian Blood Services’ board consists of 13 directors who are elected by Canada’s provincial and territorial Ministers of Health, except Québec. The role of the board is to broadly oversee Canadian Blood Services’ management and direction.
Appointed by the provincial and territorial ministers of health, the board of directors comprises 13 members, including:
- a chair of the board
- four regional nominees
- six nominees from the medical, scientific, technical, business and public health sectors
- two nominees with relevant consumer experience
The board meets at least six times per year; two of those meetings are open to the public.
Each director serves for a term of four years
If you’d like to make a presentation to the board
The board holds two open meetings per year at which individuals and groups can make a presentation to our directors. If you would like to present to the board, please view the guidelines (PDF) or contact one of our staff members at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our Board members
- Board compensation
- Board minutes and agendas
- Board meeting calendar
- Board travel and expense policy
- Guidelines for presenting at open board meetings (PDF)