Application and Review Process
- Review the eligibility criteria for obtaining cord blood products for research and the Information for Cord Blood Donation for Biomedical Research pamphlet, and download the Request for Cord Blood Products for Research Application Form (PDF).
- Complete the application form, signing where indicated.
- Deliver the completed document by email to email@example.com. Include copies of the project’s Institutional Research Ethics Board and Stem Cell Oversight Committee (if applicable) applications and approval letters.
- Applications will be reviewed within 6 weeks of receiving the application.
- During the review process:
- eligible applicants will be sent a Material Transfer Agreement template for completion;
- eligible applications will be reviewed by Canadian Blood Services’ Research Ethics Board.
- Upon approval, the lay summary of the project will be posted on the Cord Blood for Research Program website to inform potential donors of the type of research supported by the program.
Research Ethics Board renewal and project progress reports will be required on an annual basis.
Following approval, any amendments to the research project will need to be submitted to the Program for evaluation.